Out-On-A-Limb uses an integrated approach to managing insects and diseases that begins with maintaining plant health using sound cultural practices including pruning and creating optimal soil conditions for plant growth. Periodic inspections are essential to detect pest infestations before they reach damaging levels. Out-On-A-Limb arborists are trained to recognize beneficial insects that will help naturally suppress pest populations. When treatments are necessary, Out-On-A-Limb can apply organic and naturally based materials and reduced-risk products that provide effective pest suppression while protecting people and the environment.
Out-On-A-Limb provides comprehensive tree care services on commercial properties across Calgary. From HOAs to industrial parkways, our dedicated team maintains safe and beautiful landscapes on a variety of commercial property types. Steeped in more than a century of experience and backed by the expertise of Out-On-A-Limb commercial arborist services include:
Plant Health Care is the best solution for maintaining your property’s trees over the long haul; it’s total health care for your trees. Our PHC program is designed for clients who are looking to save time, money and frustration by being proactive in the health of their trees and landscape. Some of our plant health care solutions include:
- Air spade instruments to relieve soil compaction
- Soil remediation techniques
- Supplemental nutrition
- As well as other tree remediation tools
- Call Out-On-A-Limb for more information on how a complete PHC program can help you achieve your property goals.
Trees and shrubs in an urban setting lose nutrients in several ways, but applying fertilizer is a way to restore vitality. Our slow-release Professional, Horticultural Grade fertilizer replaces nutrients and improves resistance to disease and stressful weather while maximizing the beauty of your trees and shrubs.
Tree pruning service is an important tool to help sustain a tree’s health and retain its natural appearance. Out-On-A-Limb assesses your tree’s trimming needs from removal of unhealthy limbs to disease reduction. Contact your local Out-On-A-Limb arborist today for a free consultation for tree trimming service in Calgary, Ab. These signs can indicate when it’s time for professional tree trimming:
- Your tree appears too close to power lines
- Branches are close or are touching your home
- You see dead, unsightly or loose hanging branches
- Your trees have not been trimmed or pruned in the last three years
- You would like your tree shaped for a more aesthetic curb appeal
Damage, disease or safety concerns can turn some trees from an asset into a liability. When this occurs, Out-On-A-Limb’s arborists can be trusted for safe and efficient tree removal service in the Calgary area: Look for these signs as an indicator it may be time to remove:
- Heaving soil at the base of the trunk and beneath the canopy
- Decay-producing fungi, such as mushrooms, growing at the base of the trunk
- Chipped or peeling bark and cracks in the trunk
- Cavities in the trunk or large scaffold branches
- Dead or hanging branches in the upper crown
- Fine twigs without living buds near the ends of branches
Wait to water – if the ground is no longer frozen, and if tree buds are starting to swell, this is a good time to water trees. Established trees and shrubs (two years in the ground) do not require water as frequently as newly establishing plants. Most species will thrive on a good watering (to the root depth) one or two times a month during the growing season (April to September). You may need to increase this frequency to once a week during periods of hot weather. A good guideline for the amount of water is within the range of 38 litres per inch of trunk diameter when measured at 54-inches above grade. Use a regular garden hose or a soaker hose and move the hose frequently to ensure that all the area under the tree’s drip line is saturated. To determine the tree’s drip line, look at where the rain falls from the tree during a rain shower.
We remove trees that are in decline, dangerous or unwanted. We do technical take-downs in locations with limited access and we have the experience to remove your tree. We employ fully qualified and experienced staff. The benefits of correct pruning include:
- reducing risk of branch/whole-tree failure
- better clearance for vehicles
- pedestrians and improved appearance